Vocation: Executive Assistant
Location: New York, NY
1. What do you currently do now and how did you end up here? Any pit stops along the way and did those pit stops help you get to the career and woman you are now?
I am an Executive Assistant at New York’s #1 Hospital. I ended up here after 9/11 when I decided to change my vocation path from Finance back into a healthcare environment. I have had pit stops, especially when I was younger that shifted my career path completely. My main goal was to become a Federal Agent.
2. What are your current gaps, barriers, facilitators, or motivators? Any of those in particular that helped you along the way?
My current motivators is my will and determination to be the best at what ever I am doing no matter what. I tend to overlook gaps and barriers.
3. What is your ideal state / dream state of being as a woman in your career and a woman in this world? How will you get there?
My ideal state is to be and do the best always, career wise, personally and family. Getting there is easy as long as my focus and determination remain positive.
4. What common misconceptions do you find about your field, your life, about women in general?
In the world we live in today where we see so many women in the top of their fields I really don’t see misconceptions. Especially in the industry I work in.
5. Any advice or tips & tricks you want to give to a younger you? Whether it be how to apt hunt on craigslist to getting your shoes cobbled to getting a work mentor etc..
The advice I give the younger me would be – BE wise financially, learn how to budget and spend wisely. The mistakes of your youth will be with you when you start maturing.
BONUS QUESTION: What should lead your life: passion or pragmatism? (general thoughts, could be a convergence, could be one or the other!)
Passion should always lead your life, without it its just a routine task. Passion helps build anything into something worth having.
BONUS BONUS QUESTION: What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of being able to get up every morning to go out and provide a stable life to my kids.